Thread: Ruger SR556
View Single Post
Old October 11, 2013, 02:44 PM   #17
MJFlores

Quote:
Yes, chrome-lined barrels are slightly less accurate than stainless barrels, but they're more durable, easier to clean, and resist corrosion better (whether or not you're using corrosive ammo).
So they resist corrosion even though nobody is using corrosive ammo? HAHA..too funny. Again, there's a reason why match barrels are NOT chrome lined. I've heard everything from "they cause less bullet friction so they run cooler" to "they're easier to clean". This is all bologna! I regular steel barrel is more accurate than a chrome lined one, and is superior in every way. If a guy wants a chrome lined barrel thats fine...but refrain from claiming they're superior to full steel barrels because that's simply not the case. If they were better, they'd be on the line at Camp Perry every year. My AR has a full steel barrel, no chrome and groups 1/2 groups at 100 yards. Should I unscrew it and go buy a chrome lined tube? I didn't think so.

By the way...can someone tell me one advantage that a gas system has over a piston? Just one please. As I said in my initial post, the gas guys get their feelings hurt awful easy and swear up and down that DI is better than piston but none of them can ever say why...well except the 8 oz weight savings. Again, get what you like but stick to facts because people are trying to learn stuff on here.

Page generated in 0.03598 seconds with 8 queries