View Single Post
Old March 29, 2013, 08:43 PM   #22
marine6680

You can try thee EAA Witness Match.

It is a CZ clone with a SA trigger, and it is a very very good trigger. I would but that trigger up against a good 1911 trigger... it may not beat it, but it sure ain't a slouch. (maybe I'm wrong there... but I was very impressed by the one I held recently) About $600 or so.

Keep in mind that EAA went with the larger CZ97 sized frame. But used ones can be found in the smaller frame size.

You can do the same with a CZ, either getting drop in parts for a regular CZ or getting a tuned CZ from CZ Custom.

The regular CZ with drop in parts will be very nice if you get good ones that are polished well, a few shops sell them online. It will cost a couple hundred over the cost of the pistol for the parts. You get the real deal not a copy, and in the regular 9mm frame size. Even the factory SA isn't bad, but a little polishing will do a lot of good, this route is cheaper than sourcing tuned trigger parts if you don't mind doing a little work.

Heck, you can tune the DA/SA trigger to about 2lb... a good shop like CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works... but that will cost you a few hundred at least, and you have to use handloads for reliable ignition. I think a slight rise to 3lb is enough to allow quality factory loads to ignite reliably, and a 4.5lb trigger can be had that will ignite most primers well. (the CZ forum has more info, and I am going off memory here, so don't take this to heart without verifying over there)

Or you can get a CZ Shadow in SA. Its MSRP is $950. The cost would only be a little more than tuning a normal CZ75, and would be a much better platform for target shooting. Not sure how much tuning is done to it from the factory though.

Page generated in 0.03081 seconds with 8 queries