View Single Post
Old June 12, 2012, 07:47 PM   #26
ScotchMan

Just to clarify on the peening. I observed it when cleaning one day, and did some research. I saw all the same threads, some people saying its a problem and others saying its normal. I decided to let Ruger decide, after all it is their gun and they know it best.

I sent them pictures, and they said to send it in. I sent it in, and they replaced the barrel. Both the idea to send it in, and the idea to replace a faulty part, were THEIR ideas. I take that to mean they acknowledged there was a problem and that they needed to take steps to repair it. I am not putting words in their mouths, that's what happened.

Then when they implied the next one was on me, I just got a bad taste in my mouth. This added to the bad taste I had about carrying a gun with a disabled factory safety device (magazine disconnect removed), with a manual safety when I'd decided that wasn't for me, with a roll pin that constantly came loose on its own, and finally one that I was beginning to realize didn't fit me as well as I thought (I had a lot of trouble reaching the mag release compared to other guns). All of this combined caused me to decide it wasn't the gun for me.

But the trigger reset thing did happen, and the peening did happen, and it wasn't because of anything I did wrong. Because of that I wouldn't recommend the gun to someone else, unless they absolutely couldn't spend the marginally more money to get something else.

NRA Instructor
NRA Member

Page generated in 0.02649 seconds with 8 queries