View Single Post
Old October 16, 2005, 07:51 PM   #27
DimitriS

Ok I have made up my mind about this 100% after yesterday.

I went deer hunting and it was a rainy day. No one saw a deer the whole time and everyone else used some sort of scent attactant that supposidly masks human order too. They were all using Doe type products to hopefully attact a doe.

Now me I was sitting far on the other side of the large feild, next to the edge of the feild with my friends (he let me borrow it the last few hunts since I dont own one yet) crossbow and I was on a mini-folding chair just sitting there, It was too hot for the clothes I had on and I was sweating alot. It started to rain abit so I stood up and took a little walk around my chair. I sat back down and I could smell my sweat (I sweat alot ).

About 10 minutes later a doe came out at 90 yards or so. I saw it and I noticed instead of going to the other side where they normally went it started to turn to go back out away from them. So I stomped loudly 20 yards up and the doe started to clamly turn and walk into a known trail they go to. when the doe was about at 70 yards I took the shot and got it

Moral of the story, I am going to lisen to my hunting partner because he says movement and scent dont matter one bit in areas where there is active farming and in areas that are isolated it does matter and he seems to be right

PS I use Tide to wash all my clothes too. So scent and reglaur detergant seems to be ok for me

Dimitri

Page generated in 0.02117 seconds with 8 queries