View Single Post
Old February 28, 2005, 08:53 PM   #9
jburtonpdx

speed of travel

I forget the exact numbers, but an average person can cover a distance of 1 foot every half second when running or something like that... So at 10 feet it would take 5 seconds for the subject to be on top of you. Thats just an average person...

Not much time to make a decision. Most of us seem to do at least a portion of our training at 21 feet, closing that distance would take about 10 seconds...

I have a feeling that most BG's are not going to be polite enough to give any advance notification that they are going to do something bad. Tactically the BG wants us surprised and compromised. They want to be able to control what we do as well as intimidate us into submission.

Fear of imminent death or bodily injury justifies use of deadly force in Ohio (according to the pamphlet I read, note I am not an attorney). I think that imminent is the keyword there. Seems as though it puts us between a rock and hard place. If the BG does not show his hand until on top of us we are going to end up in a wrestling match...

Page generated in 0.01990 seconds with 8 queries