View Single Post
Old February 8, 2012, 12:03 PM   #8
LordTio3

Not every state or jurisdiction requires a class or even certification in order to issue a permit to, or allow citizens to carry a firearm.

1. When in doubt, lock it in your car as opposed to leaving him at home.

2. Private property is governed by the proprietor. Its the same whether it's your neighbor's house or WalMart. You should check your local regulations on whether or not posted signs (like "No Weapons Permitted" signs) have what is called, "Force of Law". What that means is, if your state sign regulations HAVE Force of Law, that means that if you knowingly enter an area with one of those signs while armed, you are there against the law and are subject to legal recourse. If they do not have Force of Law, you are simply there against posted regulation, and will probably just be asked to leave if someone notices your weapon and has a problem with it (which shouldn't even matter because it's CONCEALED, right?). If you are asked to leave, you should do so politely and quickly, otherwise you may soon be in violation of trespassing; which is against the law.

3. I carry everywhere there isn't an armed guard and a metal detector. That is my choice and I've weighed the risks and consequences carefully. You must decide this for yourself.

4. www.handgunlaw.us is your friend.

I hope this helps.

~LT

Page generated in 0.02907 seconds with 8 queries