View Single Post
Old October 28, 2008, 04:50 AM   #2
handlerer

I own and shoot a Weatherby Vanguard in 300 WBY. The factory target is 7/10", and I'm getting very close to this. I and many other experienced shooters consider the Howa/ Vanguard the best value in firearms on the market today. The Rem 710 doesn't begin to compare to the quality of the Howa rifles. The Rem 710 has a pressed barrel receiver and is cost cut all the way. The Howa has a solid bolt and has evolved from a SAko design aquired by Roy Weatherby, to market a more affordable rifle. When the original contractor couldn't meet production Roy looked overseas and found Howa was just what he needed. IMO the Howa/ Vanguard can only be surpassed in quality by rifles over twice the price. I have owned Rem 700's, Savage 110's, and Ruger 77 and the Howa is as accurate and reliable, actually more accurate than any, other than the Savage, that I have owned. I am about to do a trigger swap on mine, will be installing a Timney trigger soon, only because I bought mine before Howa upgraded their triggers, not that the trigger on mine is bad, I just love to play with things. May do the Hogue stock swap too, to see if I can get 7/10" like the factory target, I get 1-1 1/2" groups routinely, as is.

Page generated in 0.02532 seconds with 8 queries