View Single Post
Old July 5, 2005, 10:43 AM   #1
BerettaCougar

Tunnel vision? Shaking hands? is this common?

I never had to draw a weapon on anyone so I wasnt sure how I would act when the SHTF.

But last night I woke up because I thought I heard a glass breaking, like a window or something, I woke up, stood in bed for several seconds waiting for another sound, I heard what I thought was foot steps!!! My heart started pounding, I reached over to grab the p99, it fell on the floor, my hands were shaking violently, heart pounding, breathing was very heavy, I got on the floor got the walther cleared the holster, put on my flip flops and started to make my way to the door of my room, my heart was pounding so hard my chest was hurting a little, I could hear my heart beating, I never had tunnel vision like this, I could only see directly infront of me, I thought my eyes were failing because of it being so dark, but the TV was on in the living room, i was looking around with the gun chamered and ready to rock, pointing straight ahead. I walked slowly to my roomates room and knocked his door, he opened the door and i told him i heard something, he saw my gun so he quickly went and got his, asked me if i cleared the living room, i told him i couldnt see, he cleared the living room, cleared the house, and said that no windows were broken, door was locked.

I dont know what window i heard break, or what footsteps i heard, and why i reacted that way, I have 20/20 vision, healthy, young, and i never felt like that... scared the crap out of me. I sat on the sofa for a few minutes, after about 10 minutes i was down to normal, drank some water and went to bed, i couldnt sleep all night.

This ever happen to anyone? I'm angry at myself, I never would of thought I would fold so badly under pressure!!

oh yeah the TV was on MUTE. sound didnt come from there.

Page generated in 0.03012 seconds with 8 queries