View Single Post
Old November 7, 2012, 10:41 PM   #148
LockedBreech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuk View Post
So What? A 44 magnum recoils more too. The point is can you handle the recoil? You can train to the point that you expect the blast and recoil of a Magnum, what is so difficult. In a real shooting you are not going to feel recoil, you are not going to consciously hear the gun in all probability. You will be loaded with adrenaline, like I said recoil is a range issue. The only time I can see it as an issue is if it hurts to shoot and the person will not shoot enough to become proficient.

I understand that anyone can shoot a 9mm faster than they can shoot a 40 in the same gun, so what?
I agree with this. I personally have very low recoil sensitivity. It takes about 200 rounds through my LCP before it is uncomfortable and I think .357 Magnum in a J-frame isn't really that bad. Could I shoot 9 faster than .40? Probably a tiny bit if I was being measured, but for practical purposes I shoot the two identically.

We also need to consider that a gun like my 27-ounce empty PX4 probably shoots about like the 21-ounce G19, despite the caliber increase.

,40 has a reputation as such a beastly, hard to handle round on Internet forums, but my mom and two ex girlfriends don't read Internet forums, so none of them have ever had any trouble with it.

Page generated in 0.03315 seconds with 8 queries