View Single Post
Old March 5, 1999, 10:04 PM   #10
ATM

Hilton -

I apologize I thought I was clear when I wrote my post. Looks like my fingers could not keep up with my thought process.

I see the usefulness of a laser for home defense, especially in lowlight. If a strange person comes into my home and gets to my bed(safe)room, I am not stopping to ask for id. If the person is LE, then I should know that before he gets to the room. Two things play here, one, I am not doing house searches/clearings on my own even in my own house. Two, I can see where time would not be on my side and thus being in wait for the person would not be possible. This means no lights on blinding him, and psosibly no glasses on me. I cannot see real well without correction, however I can see color differences and some fuzzy shapes with only my Mark 1, Mod O eyeball. A laser is very useful for showing me where I am targeted, in effect giving me a longer sight radius.

I am not sure I am totally clear here, but this is my thought process. By the way it is just me and my wife, no kids or others in the house.

I am not to sure about washing out the laser in a bright light. Just for kicks I took my Surefire and my pocket laser pointer, and shone them together on a dark wall, under normal room lighting. I had no problem seeing the laser on the wall at 15 feet. I also tried this with no lights on, still saw the laser. Was this a bad test, I do not know the power difference between a gun laser and a laser pointer, so maybe the test is invalid?

If he knows I am there, I want him to know I will hit him if I shoot. I believe psychology still works, and I want every bit of it I can on my side.

Hope this helps,

------------------
Freedom is not Free

Page generated in 0.03280 seconds with 8 queries