View Single Post
Old February 23, 2019, 03:03 PM   #29
dogtown tom

Quote:
Drm50 By the time they got into mark series they weren't quality of original models reguardless of
who made them.
Being that the Hi Power MkII were marketed specifically to LE/Mil with their parkerized finish, you could argue that they weren't the same quality. But those guns were manufactured side by side with the commercial polished blue Standard models......same factory, same tooling, same machining, same everything but the finish and cosmetic changes to the slide and barrel ramp.

Quote:
The HPs marked Mauser were first made in Germany. They are stamped
Germany near trigger guard if so.
Again, Mauser NEVER manufactured a single Hi Power pistol. Those were made by FEG of Hungary. This is old, old "news".

FEG also made Hi Powers with "Luger" on the slide, I suppose you know where the Luger factory is?
You confuse guns made under contract vs actually manufactured by the company who's name is on the slide. The Browning BDA .380 wasn't made by FN, but by Beretta. It has all three companies (Beretta/FN/Browning) markings on it.

Quote:
I had one a couple years ago and still have pictures of it.
I don't keep any but original models and have had enough of them apart nobody is going
to convince me the newer series has the fit & finish of the older ones. They were cost cutting during this period just like everyone else in gun business. If you have some and they
make you happy that's all that counts. I'll stick with my older models of Brn HPs just as I
do with other brands. There is a point of time that fit, finish and other cost cutting measures
were used by all the major gun manufactures.
I too have FN Hi Powers from pre war, Nazi occupation, post war, T & C series as well as MkII and MkIII.
I won't disagree that a parkerized MkII isn't the quality of finish on my T's.....but that isn't a QUALITY OR MANUFACTURING ISSUE.....it's a deliberate MARKETING issue. Same as with the polished blue MkIII's vs the MkIII's with the black epoxy finish. Both finishes manufactured side by side with the other. Imagine that.

Quote:
In Brownings case that's why some guns were made in Japan, and FN parts assembled in Portugal. Guns made the old way couldn't compete with new modern methods.
You have a near total misunderstanding of FN firearm manufacturing.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.02913 seconds with 8 queries