View Single Post
Old July 8, 2006, 03:01 PM   #5
Shaun

i have a friend in the air marshals, and when they change their carry position, eg from crossdraw to strongside or whatever...they practice drawing and firing from the new position over 1000 times....this develops whats called muscle memory. It's kind of like driving standard transmission, i dont think, clutch shift gas clutch etc, everytime i change gears, it just happens in one swift fluid motion, even when i'm tired or hungover or pissed off. why? because ive done it so many thousands of times its burned into my mind.

I recently bought a 1911 that i want to start carrying on the reg. So at home with a snap cap i practice. draw..drop thumb safety...point...squeeze. I do this over and over, one trigger pull per draw. I figure after 1000 or so times itll become muscle memory, if i have to pull my gun in a tense situation my brain racing my heart pumping, ill still remember to drop that safety and sqeeze.

this can be done with multiple platforms as well, as long as your brain knows what gun is in the holster, the action to perform will be the same.
Colt Cobra .38 Spl; Smith & Wesson M10 4"; Colt Detective Special; Ruger Security Six 6"; H&K USPc 40S&W; Smith & Wesson 686P 4"; Kimber Eclipse Pro II; Smith & Wesson M29 6.5"; 3-Screw Ruger Super Blackhawk; Glock 17

Page generated in 0.03233 seconds with 8 queries