View Single Post
Old February 18, 2021, 01:58 AM   #10
44 AMP
Staff

I had an H&K 91. I had an FAL. I had an SVT-40. I've had experience with a couple of different AR-10 type rifles. I still have and am going to continue to hang on to my M1A.

Mine has a really good service grade trigger. Still the GI two stage, but the final take up is smooth, crisp, and light without being too light.

And, it has just the right "rifle" ergonomics to suit me.

If you're going to get one, get a 5rnd magazine, just to have, and so the rifle can be considered legal for hunting in those places with restrictions. Unless modified with "something to grab" the 5rnd mags are a pain in the butt to remove from the rifle.

IF possible, get some 10rnd mags. Very handy, allow for a lower prone than the standard 20s and plenty to grab to swap mags with.

Of course, get a stock of 20rnd mags, though in recent years they've gotten spendy(er).

Coming into this now, you're going to spend more $ than I did 40 years ago, but I think the actual value (not number of $) will be close to the same.

Page generated in 0.04123 seconds with 8 queries