View Single Post
Old June 3, 2012, 07:46 PM   #2
10-96

Do you mean the APV scope (4x14)? I have one mounted on a Rem 788 .308. Personally I think it's a superb scope. I have 5 of their scopes so far and have yet to wear one out, have it fall apart, lose trackability or zero. My only concern with putting one on a 452 (or any rimfire) is that the parallax for your most common centerfire scopes are set at 100yds or more, and specific rimfire scopes are in the neighborhood of 50-75yds. So, you may get a sense of a floating or shifting reticle unless you stretch all your shots to 100yds or so. I don't know how to properly esplain parallax and other such minute details and working of scopes- but I do know Mueller makes some very good ones.

EDIT: I got to reading too much about the parallax thing maybe too much, so I went with the Konus Shotgun Scope http://swfa.com/Konus-15-5x32-Konusp...pe-P47361.aspx for my 452 Trainer. It hasn't gotten here yet, but I got an idea that I can use that diamond reticle for Running Target. I've also got a shotgun scope on a Marlin Camp 9 and for me, that diamond reticle is crazy fast for aquisition on yote size critters and smaller.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Last edited by 10-96; June 3, 2012 at 07:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.03636 seconds with 8 queries