View Single Post
Old October 22, 2008, 09:33 AM   #67
FyredUp

Quote:
Katrina Guy: BUT I may have your post confused with another's. Anyway I don't want to argue and go on and on over "tactics", albeit mental not literally tactical at this point.
And I'd call LE if the opt availed itself, not opposed to doing that at all, I was just saying it wouldn't be on the fore front of my mind in such a circumstance, not like you get some gold star at the end of the day if you placed the call first.
Perhaps you did confuse it with another post. But I wonder how much clearer than this i could have made my interpretation of his tactics? 1) Arm yourself, 2) Lock the door, 3) Take a position of cover, 4) Call the police. If you notice arm yourself comes first, call the police is last, after all other tactical considerations are taken care of.

Neither will you get a gold star stalking around your house looking for said bad guy and either getting shot or stabbed and ending up dead. However I am sure all of your friends will comment on how brave you were at your funeral. You can call me a coward or whatever you wish but unless my kids are at my house I will not be leaving my position of cover keeping my girlfriend safe to act like some wannabe cop clearing my house of bad guys. If they attempt to enter where I am they will be warned, then killed if they continue. That to me is prudent action. YOUR options may vary.

Page generated in 0.02578 seconds with 8 queries