View Single Post
Old March 17, 2013, 04:09 PM   #45
USAFNoDak

so let's say I loan a friend, in my same state, a firearm for two weeks and the firearm never leaves my home state. How does the federal government claim the authority (power) to regulate that activity? It certainly shouldn't be under the authority within the interstate commerce clause. For one thing, no commerce is being conducted. For another thing, the action does not cross state lines. If they are talking about restricting a loan to a friend in another state, they would probably have more standing to invoke the authority under the commerce clause, however, no commerce is being conducted. They are good at twisting things to fit into the commerce clause. They'd probably claim that the loan means one party won't have to purchase a firearm and this then affects commercial firearm sales. Since firearms move in interstate commerce, the loan of a firearm affects interstate commerce.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams.

Page generated in 0.03409 seconds with 8 queries