View Single Post
Old October 23, 2012, 07:46 PM   #76
tahunua001

Quote:
2000 rounds IS NOT a torture test.... it's more of a break in if anything. I have shot that much ammo through one of my guns in a weekend. Ammo isn't cheap.. I know this... and we all can't afford to shoot as much as I or some others do.

However.. thinking it is torturing a gun to fire 2000 rounds is flawed logic.. they are designed to exceed that.. by 10's of thousands. Unfortunately a lot of the cheaper mad guns made today... really are pushing to go 5000 rounds with out any issues.

I don't care what the gun says on the side.. a reliable gun.. is a reliable gun... it is only reliable up until something breaks and its no longer reliable until repaired.... GENERALLY SPEAKING.... meaning OBVIOUSLY there are exceptions.... A Taurus... will reach that breaking point sooner. Sorry if it offends you... but I can almost assure you of it.

I work in a gun shop / gun smith shop. Our number one returned for warranty work brand is.. you guessed it.. Taurus. Sure.. I have seen EVERYTHING get returned.. more than once... Sig.. H&K... Colt.... $2500 custom made 1911's you name it. The difference is I get a lot more Taurus's returned more frequently... and have even sent brand new store owned guns back to them because of how rough they came from the factory.

I will personally never recommend a Taurus to a customer for anything other than a range toy. You can get a great used gun for self defense at about the same price, ones with much better track records.

I will stand by my post in the first start of this thread and ask how can one think it is a step in the right direction when you had to return both of your Taurus's for issues? To me that would be unacceptable.
um... generally torture tests involve a little more than just firing a ton of ammo through them. most that I have seen are based on the "1,000 round glock torture test" where the gun is completely cleaned of all lube, submerged in water, filled with sand, dunked in mud, frozen solid and sometimes being run over by some sort of vehicle.

I would say that those actions are pretty much the definition of a torture test. no gun is designed to operate in those conditions no matter the round count.

Page generated in 0.03361 seconds with 8 queries