View Single Post
Old September 30, 2012, 11:34 PM   #4
raftman

Well done review. I have one of these pistols but with the "quick acquisition" sights rather than the type on your pistol. I don't have quite as many rounds through mine yet. I've allowed 3 different people to try it, none of which actuated the slide release accidentally, so I suppose that is a matter of fit to the specific person. I've never accidentally released the slide either, but I am left-handed so that doesn't really count I figure.

I think the after market will eventually improve, it will likely will never reach Glock levels, but then again some of the things available for one's Glock seem completely goofy anyways. I don't really see much need aside from more options for sights and more options for holsters. The Caracal's near uniformly positive reputation amongst people who've tried it (haven't heard anyone say "it's junk, don't buy it!") should result in a decent after market sooner or later.

I personally have no problem recommending a Caracal over the Glock, figure if I can get equal accuracy, equal reliability, superior ergonomics, a better trigger, and for less money, it's kind of a no brainer.

Page generated in 0.03198 seconds with 8 queries