View Single Post
Old September 28, 2012, 09:11 PM   #68
XtremeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionengnr View Post
Yeah...and by the way, it's Crook County. Get it right.

I was in Crook County, and did not have to register any guns or pay any fees...are you sure that is not a city of Chicago thing?

Don't know about the legality of driving to IN to a range. I don't believe it would be a problem as long as you are not attempting to buy a gun across state lines, and I know that is not your intent.

I am not a lawyer. I am pretty sure that if you visit an IN gun shop/range and are up-front, I cannot see where you will have a problem.

Edited to add...if you are stuck in the area for family reasons, you can live in IN or WI, and be an hour or so from your relatives in Crook County.

You can live in the real world every day and occasionally visit those who choose not to.

When I retire in 6-10 years, I will be looking at that area. But as the laws are currently written (not just CCW, but taxes and others) I will choose southern WI or NW IN over IL.

Best regards, Rich
Rich,

Not a bad idea. I'll have to see where jobs are. I currently work in Downers Grove, but I might be looking for a new place to work soon. Company getting bought out next year.

I'll drive down to Indiana tomorrow and try to get some rounds through these two handguns.

- Andrei

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Page generated in 0.02962 seconds with 8 queries