Thread: My M1 Carbine
View Single Post
Old March 19, 2011, 01:23 AM   #6
Nnobby45

Well, here's the story of my Auto Ordinance M1 Carbine.

Shot about 8" high at 50 yds. Too much. Occasionally, if would fail to eject all the way. Nothing wrong with the extractor, it would stop just short of the round being clearing the chamber. Once every 15 rd. mag. or so. (I load 14 rds)

Thought it might be lower pressure ammo, but it did it with anything. At least it's an easy malfunction to clear.

Sent the rifle back and they replaced the bbl. I had them install adjustable sights. However, the rifle still shoots about 5" high @ 50yds. with the sight adjusted down as far as it will go. About 1Ft. high at 100 yds. I can live with that on a 50 yds on in carbine.

Also, this is a very accurate rifle.

Ejection problem existed after 500 rds., but not as much. I'd polished some parts, and that helped. But, I'd had enough, so I "lubed" the bolt with Flitz polishing compound, and the inside of the receiver--anywhere the bolt would rub--- and ran a couple of magazines thru the gun.

It's worked since without a hitch after putting ten magazines thru it with CorBon DPX, Federal SP, Am. Eagle, and even Wolf.

Handles CorBon DPX just fine, and I believe that ammo might solve any stopping power issues. After my polishing trick, I accidentally mixed up my DPX carry ammo with American Eagle and put 42 rds. of DPX down range without a hitch. Expensive, but gave me some piece of mind.

I added a buttstock ammo pouch (two mag.s) and I have a good 'grab and go' carbine that transports inconspicuously and shoots well. Can't remember where I ordered the pouch on line, but if you Google around, I think you can fine them.

Not trying to take over the thread with my own personal story, but hopefully what I've experienced might prove useful.

Last edited by Nnobby45; March 19, 2011 at 01:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.03915 seconds with 8 queries