View Single Post
Old October 6, 2009, 05:07 PM   #13
PancakeOfDoom

i consider myself pretty healthy at 21 yrs of age, 200lbs, 12% body fat. while this doesn't help me whatsoever with my aim, it does help me with my follow up shots. i can control recoil with greater ease than most of my friends, and have an easier time with follow up shots, i also fatigue much slower after a long day at the range.

that said, i feel completely confident that against an untrained threat, i am better prepared than most my age, and i don't doubt my abilities in a ground fight (thank God for ex-marine wrestling coaches), and feel that physical conditioning is important in many aspects in life.

on the other hand, i know i am dead meat against anybody much smaller than me with superior training and experience and i don't let my strength get to my head.

all in all, i think it is very important to be reasonably fit. if a firearm is supposed to be a tool, and at best an extension of yourself, i see it as an advantage to lay a foundation of fitness underneath training for god forbid, a gun fight

Page generated in 0.02503 seconds with 8 queries