View Single Post
Old April 14, 2009, 08:38 AM   #25
Bartholomew Roberts

Quote:
I have to agree with Kraigwy. It is not easy searching your house with a flash light on your shotgun because you are pointing at everything in your path.
I've done enough Force-on-Force now that I know I am not going to try and clear any structure by myself unless there is no other option. I am going to fort up and wait for police in a home defense situation. If there is no other option, then the last thing I want to do is grab the least effective firearm I have to do a search.

The light I use on my rifle is a Surefire G2 with a Cree LED head. It has a bright spot and a secondary spot. The secondary spot will illuminate about a 15' circle on the wall from 10' away and is sufficient to search/illuminate without pointing the rifle directly at things - in fact, I can search without ever raising the muzzle higher than 45 degrees down with the large secondary area of illumination.

Since the light has a push button switch and is mounted conveniently on the forearm, I can also flip it on/off easily while using the same stance I normally use.

Now if you are talking about just investigating an odd noise at night, then yes, I'll probably bring the pistol and a flashlight for that because the chances it is actually an intruder are pretty low and convenience wins out over preparedness.

Page generated in 0.03309 seconds with 8 queries