View Single Post
Old January 14, 2009, 06:55 PM   #1
Solomon Heriger

Need some help identifying the maker of this gun

I own a blackpowder .44 caliber percussion European match pistol made in 1983, but there are no identifying maker marks other than a "S" inside of an octagon that's inside of a circle. The gun is nearly identical to the Pedersoli "Mang in Graz" model sold by Davide Pedersoli. I've searched high and low for some information on who made this pistol, but can't seem to locate anyone who knows anything about this gun.

The gun was sold through the Beeman Precision Airgun catalog in 1984, and was sold as the "Pietro Beretta Aristocrat." In their literature, Beeman said it was made by the same small Italian gunmaker who originally made them for Beretta back in 1835, and they were a limited edition of 1000 (I have #0362). I contacted Beeman directly, but they were useless and provided no information. Apparently nobody there remembers anything about it, or would bother to dig around and locate some information on the maker.

Anyone recognize this gun, or could make a guess who the maker is from just the "S" barrel stamp?

I've had it appraised at $1,300 based upon the price of the Pedersoli gun, but the appraiser suggested it would be worth a bit more as it appears to be better quality, plus it's a limited edition that's never been fired.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB_aristocrat.jpg (151.4 KB, 111 views)

Page generated in 0.03927 seconds with 9 queries