View Single Post
Old October 12, 2008, 06:22 PM   #1
jtdominate

TSA Handgun / Civil Penalty Question

I made the COSTLY mistake of leaving my Glock 30 in my backpack while going through a TSA checkpoint. I wasn't arrested but have to return to TN to book myself and stand trial for the misdemeanor offense. Of course the handgun was confiscated. The magazine was loaded but a round was not chambered.

I spoke with a homeland security officer who informed me that I would be assessed a four figure civil penalty, in addition to the TN fine (Good thing I had a good weekend in Vegas last week). She stated that the fine would more than likely be reduced 50 percent if paid within 30 days.

Still don't believe I did this. Anyone else had a similar experience. The officers were really cool. I knew I was gonna to the clink. The officer said I would have to petition the airport to have the handgun returned.

Officers said it happens a few times a week. I have a FL Concealed Carry License. The officer said the judge would probably suspend my license for at least a year. Anyone know how this might work? Is there a possibility that FL would suspend it or does reciprocity mean that whatever the TN judge rules will apply in FL?

I tried doing a search but didn't find anything relevant. I did a google search but didn't find what I was looking for. ANY help or advice will be appreciated.

Page generated in 0.04866 seconds with 8 queries