View Single Post
Old July 10, 2014, 10:22 PM   #22
Huskerguy

Back around 1980 I had a chance to buy a Dan, not certain of the model, just remember it had a 6" barrel and a Colt Trooper MkIII. Same price as they were both mismarked at a Gibsons store. I took the Colt and still have it. Love it. Always wanted a Dan since that day and never really looked for one at shows. Found one last April at the Tulsa show. It is a 15V 6". It is not perfect but nice but man does it shoot nice. They are accurate and the recoil is minimal when comparing the same loads in a 4" Smith which may not be a fair comparison. After waiting all these years to get one and at my "advanced" age of nearly 61 I would love to have more of them. I don't know much about the model you are looking at. I would love to have a pistol pac in the full lug/shroud model. It is just a sweet looking firearm. The Palmer's are said to have more potential problems than the Monson assembled firearms. Do go to the Dan Wesson site as mentioned above. I am a regular there myself as are many others. I am not a big snubby guy but they are pretty hot right so that price does not look bad at all.

The same day I got back to town with my Dan I took it to the indoor range and put two cylinders through it at 50'. Only three were not in the black. First cylinder of my reloads which are mild 38's.

Your mileage may vary but I would not think by much. Enjoy

Page generated in 0.03581 seconds with 8 queries