View Single Post
Old June 1, 2013, 02:09 PM   #2
ClydeFrog

Massad Ayoob; LE contracts, procurement...

Author, sworn LE officer & legal use of force expert: Massad Ayoob once put out a gun press article about "POLICE ONLY" & "LE ONLY" titles/marketing.
Ayoob said in most places(USA) these titles have little or no legal bearing & a private citizen who meets all other legal requirements can lawfully own or possess these items(holsters-duty gear, OC spray, ammunition, firearms, etc).
Sometimes these boxes or packages have LE ONLY because they are part of a contract order or are meant to satisfy a procurement request & are not meant for retail sale to the general public.
In Feb, 1997; I purchased a NIB/unfired "surplus" 96D .40S&W pistol for approx $580.00 USD. The Beretta 96D .40 was a "Police Special" & had Robar NP3 with bright Tritium 3 dot Trijicon sights.
I was a happy camper. The gun shop sales clerk later told me the state agency that ordered the modified Beretta sidearms & put them on the open market wanted the gun shops to "sell" them back to the LE agency.
The gun shop managers said; "good luck, Chuck"

In recent years, I've seen Glock USA's "Blue Label" program(for sworn LE officers, licensed-certified security officers, firefighters/EMTs, US military service members & documented retirees) that claims to sell NIB Glock sidearms(19/17/22/23/21/30/etc) at a discounted sale price.
Do FFL holders or gun shops in CONUS use this Blue Label program? NO!!!
Most retail locations say; "we don't use the Glock program due to high demand" or "what's the Glock Blue Label program?"

CF

Page generated in 0.02173 seconds with 8 queries