View Single Post
Old February 25, 2013, 02:50 PM   #33
BoogieMan

Quote:
Just between you me and the neighbors dog I suggest a variety of types in light and heavy shooters. Maybe 2 revolvers and 2 semi-auto's. I assume you know the 460XVR is a rifle with short legs and a pistol grip so I hope you are stout. Maybe go the other way and get a single six 22 revolver from Ruger for more economical target practice. Then a small bore like 9MM in a DAO action for more get up and go but still economical to shoot. Perhaps go a little more historic and larger like a 1911A1 45 ACP. Been doing what it was designed to do for over a hundred years and still works well today.
I have 2, 1911's and a Ruger 22/45. I love the 1911 platform, its as if it was made for my hand. JB must have known something back then. I also love the 1903 pocket gun.
As far as going instinctively, please dont think me the frivolous impulsive type. There are many many more guns that I would like to have that I dont have the bank or time frame to find. When I say instinctive if I go to the shop and they have a nice blued model 27 then its leaving with me. At the same time if they have a nice 1911, 1903, 29, etc... Ill grab it as long as the price is right.
Your right about the 460XVR. You just cant get that kind of firepower in a SA pistol. A handful may be an understatement, but I am pretty stout.
Your tactics suck"
- Unknown

Page generated in 0.03384 seconds with 8 queries