Thread: .308 Win enigma
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2012, 09:56 AM   #8
Tom68

WWWJD, I'm assembling 5-shot groups, starting with min load and working up in graduated increments (generally 1% of max)... Generally works out to about 7-10 groups. I generally write off the sets with no obvious potential, and then assemble another set of 5-shot groups centered around the ones that look good, normally in 0.5% increments.

I used to chrono while shooting for groups, but I've recently abandoned that idea as I felt that worrying about the chrono, lining up over the photo cells and such, was messing with my accuracy...getting into my head, I guess. Now I only chrono those promising loads in a separate step.

More of an enigma on this particular rifle, the Fusions clocked around 2760-2775 and printed good groups, while handloads with Nosler BTs printed poorly above, below, and at the 2760-2775 range. So much for finding a node, I guess...perhaps the rifle simply doesn't like Nosler BTs. If I get bored one day and run out of other projects, perhaps I'll try again using a different bullet.

Page generated in 0.03301 seconds with 8 queries