View Single Post
Old April 8, 2012, 11:06 PM   #11
Jack1939

Took it out to the range today, not to shoot just to get info on it, and the trap shooting rangemaster is sure it is a 2 & 3/4" chamber, so maybe one of the previous owners already took it to a gunsmith and had the chamber lengthened. He put in a pencil and measured it, also inserted a fired 2 3/4" shell and it fit. I might cut up an old wooden ruler to try to get a measurement, or I migth cut up some fired shells and make my own chamber length gauge to measure it myself.

The left barrel says "Fluid Steel" so it is not a damascus barrel, assuming I understand that correctly.

The left barrel is choked modified (will fit a dime inside but just barely) and the right barrel is modified (fits a dime with a little more wiggle than the other barrel).

Mr Watson: you said "Slugs are usually a disappointment in a double anyhow, the barrels will hardly ever shoot together." Not sure what you mean by that. Do you just mean it is inaccurate or the two barrels will come apart (damage the gun) when you say "will hardly ever shoot together"

I would like to hunt rabbits with it but would also like to be able to shoot a pig, or at least take a shot at a pig, if I see one.

Page generated in 0.03959 seconds with 8 queries