View Single Post
Old March 17, 2012, 05:00 PM   #5
Keg

Quote:
So this is just for fun, but follows with the previous thread on what you can expect to happen with such a shot. So what do you think the bullets did to the bones and soft tissue? I will give you these hints. Initial assessments were not necessarily completely correct. Also, the entry wound on the large boar was problematic. There were 3 apparent wounds. Two were circular holes that were excellent candidates for being created by the .45-70. One was on the ear lobe and the other just forward of the ear. It would appear that the ear was down when the bullet impacted. The third wound was a slit out which blood would come if the area around it was depressed. I have absolutely no idea about how these three wounds could have been made as a result of the animal being shot just once. Maybe somebody can tell me.
DNS..Just guessing...I would say..the shot went thru the ear..entered the head..then a fragment of bone..or the jacket shed and made the slit....The bullet then traveled and exited the other side....

When bullets hit bone..sometimes they do funny things....

Last edited by Keg; March 17, 2012 at 05:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.03358 seconds with 8 queries