View Single Post
Old February 17, 2001, 02:40 PM   #23
Keith Rogan

I bought a Buckmark some years ago and found it quite finicky about which ammo it liked - it would start jamming up after a hundred or two hundred rounds. At the time I was shooting several thousand rounds a month - using the Buckmark as trainer for a 1911. I'd have to clean the gun out throughly before it would shoot well again.

My solution was found by accident, I bought a brick of CCI Blazers and discovered it would just shoot and shoot and shoot with those. I could shoot up an entire brick in an afternoon and my gun could just be brushed off and have a dab or two of oil applied to the slide and be ready to go again.
I know someone else above complained of the excess residue left by these but that has not been a problem for me. Whatever propellant they use leaves a fine powder - almost like talc, that blows away as you shoot. If someone is finding this "gummy", I think you're using too much oil in your gun.

Blazers are not the most accurate .22 rounds, but they are so cheap and dependable that I now use them exclusively in all my .22 semi rifles and pistols.

Page generated in 0.02337 seconds with 8 queries