View Single Post
Old February 3, 2010, 04:53 PM   #14
James R. Burke

I have never tryed them but have heard many times it is very hard to clean the plastic out of the rifling. But I never did try them. Right now I have a Ruger No 1 A Light Sporter, that I am using a Hornady 110 V-Max in. In a five shot average I am getting 3712 f.p.s. and I am still under the max, without any signs of presure. It is a 30-06. I am sure someone better would do even better than me. This is no target rifle by any means, just your regular deer rifle. Of course they are custom handloaded for that rifle only. They make them in lots of differnt calibers for sure the 30 cal, and now I believe they have one out for the 270, and all the smaller ones. I found them devasting. You would not want to use them to keep a pelt. I shot a porky pine that was a very long ways away in a tree, all you could see was a red mist go up in the air. Gives you something to do in the winter, and make a nice yote round that I am going to try coming up soon. For myseld I dont need anymore speed than that from a 30-06, and its plenty accurate just for myself. Just my .2 cents.

Page generated in 0.02916 seconds with 8 queries