View Single Post
Old September 17, 2000, 09:48 PM   #26
guerilla1138

training is a big thing. there is a great article in either this months or last months black belt magazine on tactical knife usage.

as i am not old enough to carry a firearms legaly the knife is it for me.

i have not been to any real training or read any books or anyhting like that, but i need to. most of the things i use in practice and would use in real life i have picked up and then modified for me.
most of what i know, and i feel it is a good amount, was picked up over at www.knifeforums.com

yes bladeforums.com is sister site to this, but i dont get along with several over there, including the sys op kevin(spark). and the attitude is negative, i mean really really negative.
it is totally different at www.knifeforums.com so check it out.

as far as laws go i am not a legal expert, i think my carry folder, emerson commander, is illegal to carry concealed in some citys near me, however i feel that it is better to be a living law breaker than a dead law abider.

seriously i would rather lose a good,expensive knife, and maybe a little time off my life, and maybe some money than i would die.
it is a choice u have to make, will a legal knife be exactly what i need? or do i need to risk it and go with one thats illegal"
compromise, and saying well it will do doesnt work for self defense matters.
u make the choice and then get the proper training for the choice u have made.

Page generated in 0.02569 seconds with 8 queries