View Single Post
Old March 15, 2005, 03:06 PM   #95
Model520Fan

Well, we all know that he broke all four of Jeff Cooper's four rules, and he had no business bringing ANY live ammo into the classroom except maybe in his BUG, which should remain concealed. Show & tell with firearms belongs on the range, with guns pointed downrange and and students behind the firing line.

However, while we are talking about how dumb this guy is, I would like to point out a few things which in no way contradict the fact that he screwed up at least five times all at once in order to make this happen.

First, let's look at this guy's hair. What does it tell us? I think it tells us that this guy doesn't wear a uniform, and that he carries a gun to stay alive in an environment very few sane people would volunteer to expose themselves to. If he ever displays his gun in that environment, which seems quite possible, I doubt that he does it in a style which would mark him as a part-time range officer. In fact, if he had that style, I'll bet he'd work to get rid of it.

Once he screwed up, he did a remarkable job of keeping calm and trying to keep his audience calm. He even added a little humor when he asked for another gun. Unintentional humor, I guess.

I would be very interested to know what instruction he received for this assignment, other than "Go talk to these kids about drugs and guns." My wife actually couldn't believe that he was that stupid - she thought he was set up, somehow. Only when i explained to her that there was some chance that the DEA was as big a bunch of ****ups as some of the BATmen did she accept the idea that this was really an accident.

As a retired mustang (O, former E), I look immediately to whoever sent this guy out on an assignment obviously way over his head. BTW, just how good an agency can that be, that their handpicked representative breaks ALL the rules at once while doing a demo for kids? I would suspect that gun-handling is sloppy throughout at least that office, and probably the whole agency.

This good guy (let's not forget that) screwed up big time, but he was not alone.

Everyone has one; there's mine.

Page generated in 0.02600 seconds with 8 queries