View Single Post
Old November 20, 2012, 06:37 PM   #6
dbooksta

Quote:
(Why are these "what rights are we willing to give up" threads popping up so often lately?)
Sorry; I have had less time to read than to think. If any of those other threads are any good could you post URLs?

I'm surprised this is such a difficult question. Yes, RKBA is both a natural right and an enumerated right, and I believe that American governments have far exceeded their authority infringing the RKBA. But here we are: our rights are being infringed, and as always there are groups and governments threatening to infringe them more.

The question I posed here is not whether we can or should move the needle on the scale of infringement, but rather assuming we can hold it constant how we might reshuffle the current infringement.

(Economists or game theorists may notice that this is -- or should be -- a straightforward equilibrium problem. I am assuming that the status quo is suboptimal and that the utility sets of the two opponents are different. I am stipulating the utility function of one while trying to discover that of the other.)

Last edited by dbooksta; November 20, 2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Trying to clarify the intent of the thread

Page generated in 0.02446 seconds with 8 queries