View Single Post
Old October 2, 2017, 11:46 AM   #3
Sevens

I would submit that you might want to ask yourself your own motivation for IDPA.

The net result of shooting IDPA on a regular basis is that you WILL be a better, more slick, fast, accurate and much more confident shooter and gun handler, you will be a MUCH safer gun handler across the board and you will probably have a lot of fun (and you will be spending a lot of money.)

You needn't want to "WIN!" to take part in IDPA and you needn't consider yourself handicapped by equipment (or sausage fingers! ), you will gain all of the above simply by competing against yourself, looking at your times and how they improve with the more you shoot.

You certainly don't need to "beat all those other guys!" when nobody is entering this fray with equal equipment or skills or physical attributes and abilities from the start.

Okay, to make my point more clearly:
There's many fantastic reasons to consider buying a new gun and using it for IDPA, and there are also reasons to argue against buying it... but in my opinion, considering how it could make IDPA more difficult or retard your performance or ability to finish near the top would be, IMO, contrary to the benefits of shooting IDPA.

Just how I see it.

Page generated in 0.03235 seconds with 8 queries