View Single Post
Old May 1, 2019, 01:11 PM   #22
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
That's exactly what I will tell you. Because the rating of "+P" IS a SAAMI listed pressure for four specific rounds. 38 Special, 9X19 Lugar, 38 Auto, and 45ACP.
There is a SAAMI +p standard for those four cartridges. But only for those four. This does not mean there is nothing else in the world that can be accurately and honestly described as "+p".

"+p" is a general term. It covers EVERYTHING that is higher than standard pressure. Whether a little, or a lot. It is not a specific term with a specific pressure for anything except the SAAMI spec for those four specific rounds.

Quote:
The boutique ammo loaders claiming +P of any other handgun cartridge is either loading their ammo above the industry standard for pressure according to SAAMI,...
Which is what they are doing...

Quote:
or lying in order to use the +P rating for advertising hype.
Which is your assumption. IF they were loading one of those four named rounds that HAVE a SAAMI +p rating, and their load wasn't the SAAMI rating, THEN they would be lying if they claimed it was SAAMI +p.

But if there isn't a SAAMI +p rating, and they are loading above industry standard pressure, then they are NOT LYING when they say their load is +p.

Quote:
Either way, there is no SAAMI +P rating for 32acp.
True. and Machts Nichts.

IF SAAMI doesn't have a ratting for something, that doesn't mean such a thing cannot exist. ALL it means is that SAAMI doesn't have a rating for it.

I am rather fond of Buffalo Bore's attitude. I don't use their ammo, I'm not promoting the company in any way. "no dog in that fight", but I do like their attitude, as it appears to me, from a distance..

They won't tell you what their ammo is loaded with. They won't tell you what the pressures are. They will tell you if its above standard pressure, (they'll tell you its "+p), but they won't tell you how much it is above standard pressure, and THEY DON"T HAVE TO!

They tell what the bullet is, and what speed they get, and that their ammo is SAFE, in the guns they tested it in. They tell you not to use their ammo in guns that they have not tested it in. What more do you need??

People who use their ammo say its good stuff. People who chronograph their ammo say that (allowing for variations due to individual guns) their velocity numbers are spot on.

As far as I can see, there is no lying, about anything, going on.

Page generated in 0.03125 seconds with 8 queries