View Single Post
Old February 3, 2015, 03:41 AM   #98
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Looks like the account of the story he gave the media was a contradiction of what he told LE and, what the forensic evidence revealed.
This brings up an interesting point.

Despite the risks of being hung in the "court of public opinion", as far as I know, no one is under any kind of legal obligation to tell the media the truth!

I can see where someone (an 80 year old, in this case, which may explain the willingness to do it) knowing he told the police the truth, and knowing that the evidence will back him up, might deliberately lie to the "media pukes", simply to enjoy watching them get all spun up.

While I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, I can understand the temptation to do it. What are they going to do? Sue you? I suppose it is possible. What a jury to be on! (or would we be in People's Court?)

"Well Mr 44AMP, I see here you are being sued for lying to a reporter...what's your side of this matter?"
"Your honor, they said they couldn't wait for the investigation to determine the facts, they needed a story, so I told them a story."

Page generated in 0.03687 seconds with 8 queries