View Single Post
Old February 7, 2014, 10:19 PM   #69
rdavidsonjr

Well thanks to many for an interesting enlightening and somewhat satirically humorous post.After all is said I found that apparently several believe in the 243 and it is a very accurate round. It can be successful as a deer round but I feel it can suffer at 300-400 yards in effective knockdown power. Not saying it won't just not my top choice. That leaves the 260, 6.5 rounds and the 308 at the top of the picks with others some of which I already own listed such as the 25-06 which I think is the sweetest gun I own and the 270 and 7 m m- 08 which I don't but wish I did. In the debate on this and the discussion with my son in the Marine Corp I have learned a lot.Bart has in several post pointed out a lot of very valid points for the 308 .Black Ops had very good suggestion s and input on the Remington 700 and picks that lined up in relations to the post on 243, 260, and 308. Markco also had similar input and good ideas about the Rem. 700 and agreed on the replacing the stock. 4runnerman had much the same ideas I did when this started Brian Pfleuger I appreciate your experienced and honest input and overall trying to help referee and clarify.I agree very strongly that I will be the weak link no matter what gun I select. I also want to say thanks to Markco for reading the entire post and the input on the 260. JDXoX I appreciate your good input on the 260 and the vanguad sounds like a possible good plan. Natman thanks for the info on the 260,6.5 and scopes it is helpful

Page generated in 0.02356 seconds with 8 queries