View Single Post
Old September 12, 2013, 01:04 PM   #12
Sevens

For the OP, your best course of action if you wish to hand-deliver the handgun is to drive it to the resident state of the recipient, then visit an FFL/gun store who has agreed ahead of time to do the transfer. You hand over the firearm to the FFL, they enter it in their book, they do a 4473 & NICS check on the intended recipient, and your gun now legally becomes their gun. You should expect to pay the gun shop/FFL a fee for this service, $20-$50 is customary.

If you don't wish to drive it there, your lowest out of pocket method is most likely going to be to take the gun to an FFL and have them ship it to an FFL in the state of residence of your recipient. This is [i]usually[/u] your lowest cost method simply because your FFL can send a handgun via USPS Priority mail, it will literally cost the dealer around $12 to ship it, so he'll charge you for the service and typically, you can expect to pay $35-$55 for this service.

If you take it to UPS or FedEx, you'll be BLOWN AWAY by the cost to ship.
Furthermore, the receiving FFL must had previously agreed to accept shipment from a non-FFL. (many will NOT.)

Page generated in 0.03036 seconds with 8 queries