View Single Post
Old January 17, 2011, 04:23 PM   #16
jtrain

I just picked up my suppressor last weekend, an SAS M-47

I also have 4 Short Barreled Rifles, a 7", 2x 10.3" and a 12". I used Nolo Willmaker Pro to establish a Trust. I have been buying NFA items since 2007. They are all legal, I have four approved Title 2 Form 1's on my SBRs and a Title 2 Form 4 on my suppressor. All 5 have the $200 Stamp affixed. I live in Forsyth County NC. Our Sheriff, Schatzman is a Liberal Democrat (Weird considering he is a Former Marine), one of his deputies told me that I was not allowed to own NFA weapons in "Sheriff Schatzman's" county. Weird, I thought he was a civil servant. When I proceeded to school her on NC and Forsyth County laws she became indignant with me and said "You will never own one while Sheriff Schatzman is in charge". I said good day, did some research and 4 years later and $1000 worth of Tax Stamps, I legally own 5 NFA Registered Weapons, and Sheriff Schatzman had nothing to do with it.
The cool part about this is that the ATF/NFA will not allow you to break the law, they can and will stop every application that would violate local, federal or state laws. So it is in their best interest to follow the letter of the law as permitting an illegal purchase would be as much their fault as yours.

Page generated in 0.15810 seconds with 8 queries