View Single Post
Old May 18, 2009, 11:01 AM   #26
ilbob

My guess is that in Illinois a fully preempted LTC bill will never happen, short of a court order. It just is not in the cards. I don't see the courts requiring CC, even if they ever get around to ruling on the "bear" part of "keep and bear" before Obama packs the courts or some idiot case screws us out of it.

The preemption part of it is part of the problem. Even home rule units that could care less about the LTC issue, may well lobby against the bill because it intrudes on their prerogatives as HR units.

Don't get me wrong. I realize the STHR option creates some serious problems that license holders would have to deal with. I also realize these problems are more serious than the more strident supporters of a STHR LTC are willing to admit. I am still unwilling to give up on it completely because it is quite clear there is no other realistic option to any kind of LTC in Illinois.

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Page generated in 0.02442 seconds with 8 queries