View Single Post
Old December 30, 2004, 05:37 PM   #1
pinkfloydman

Bad news for me...good laugh for you

This is a little hunting story but trust me...its worth reading...

A couple nights ago i was goin out for my afternoon hunt(live in mass so its 2 to sundown which is roughly 4:45) so i got upon a nice ridge and sat down with my muzzleloader...the deer trail was right below me so i thought it would be some good huntin...but there is a foot of snow and a chill blast of air so i soon relized it wasnt worth it...so about 20mins before sundown i got up and walked out...on my way out i saw tons of track and sign all over this paintball course...so i followed it and thought i would set up on the ridge the next morning...so i took the cap out of my gun and went to sleep...

Next moring i got out very late...8:30 so i rused into the ridge...but i didnt check my gear...so i was only there for about 10 mins when these 2 twin bucks come down the far ridge...they got closer and cloaser and isaw they were little 4 pointers and they were plenty fat so i decied to set up ready to take one...I aimed it was gonna be a 30 yard shot with no wind...BANG! THe sound was too quit and i did see no deer on the ground...but a did see 2 deer looking at me and my powder didnt ignite...so i poped out the cap as quit as icould and put in another one...BANG! same quit cap but the deer didnt move...so i reloaded another cap hoping this one would work...BANG! nothing and then i saw the front ones tail go up and them trott out...

So i packed up my gear and went home to relize my powder turned to liquad becuase i got snow i nthe barrel the night before...and ive been at that same are for the past 2 morning and after noons and i havnt found those deer yet...

so remmber jsut becasue its an inline muzzleloader...it aint gonna shoot like a rifle...

Page generated in 0.02719 seconds with 8 queries