View Single Post
Old January 20, 2000, 01:32 PM   #20
Phil

What loads are being used when the gun hits the face? How is it being held? i.e. with the receiver right up to the face?

The reason I ask is I have a Mossberg 500 pistol grip 12 ga. I have fired it sighting down the barrel (left arm extended, right arm cocked, receiver probably 8 -12 inches from my face. I haven't tried this with anything heavier than 6 shot game loads, but it has not been a problem managing the recoil. It doesn't even come close to smacking me. So are y'all doing this with 00 3 inch magnum shells or what?

BTW if I had it to do over, I would probably buy one with the shoulder stock, but I do not find the pistol grip to be worthless as long as you use it within its limitations. I first bought it because i wanted something easier to maneuver in the house for self defense. After a couple of boxes of practice, I could consistently hit milk jugs at 15 to 20 feet from the hip, so it should work for inside the house distances. Beyond that, no its not worth much. Fired from a raised postion, accuracy is of course much better.

I've since put a Choate top folder on it. Very well made and greatly increases the versatility of the gun, but it adds a lot of weight.

Page generated in 0.02301 seconds with 8 queries