View Single Post
Old October 31, 2017, 11:20 PM   #1
Carmike

Which Savage would you buy?

Hello all,

A friend of mine works for a company owned by Vista Outdoor, so he's able to get a *significant* discount on anything made by a company owned by Vista. Turns out they own Savage, and while he only gets to purchase two guns a year, he bought one but doesn't have the $$ to get another. He said he's willing to order one for me before 2018 rolls around.

I can get any Savage (or Stevens) gun currently in production. To be honest, I'm looking to add a fun gun to the stable. I do hunt, but I'm content with my Ruger American 7mm-08. I only hunt deer and find I don't really enjoy shooting larger calibers. I currently have no plans to head out West for antelope, and I don't plan to hunt bear. I'm a new hunter (two years' experience), and while I do hope to get into bird hunting, I do already have a Rem 870 from the early 80's. I inherited the gun and have never actually fired it.

I own two .22 lr rifles (a Henry lever and a Marlin 60) and a .17 hmr bolt gun, so I'm thinking centerfire instead of rimfire. I have two AR's -- a Colt CSR and a Ruger SR556 -- both of which I'm happy with. And while I love getting out and plinking, I don't see myself getting into competition shooting, so I'm leaning away from the very high-end models.

I'm not averse to getting another bolt rifle, or even something on the AR10 platform (6.5 seems pretty popular these days). Honestly, I'm not sure what to get. Anyone got any suggestions?

Page generated in 0.03885 seconds with 8 queries