View Single Post
Old January 8, 2020, 02:53 PM   #19
corneileous

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. O'Heir View Post
It's probably the kydex that's causing the grief. No 'give'. It won't flex when you do or mold itself to your shape like leather does. Kydex is more like carrying one's firearm in a plastic box.
"...which means "stout" in plain English...." No, it doesn't. snicker.

Well yeah, I get that and no, that kydex doesn’t form at all but see, I had the same issue when I carried my PX4 compact in one of those black leather thumb break pancake holsters you get from Beretta.

I’m not gonna lie to you, since I got the high-rise option for my Springfield that acts as kind of a sweat guard meaning that the plastic goes all the way up to the back of the slide, it is a little more uncomfortable if you don’t have a shirt tail tucked in between you and the holster but my primarily and pretty much my only real problem is the discomfort around where my pants button up at from having to cinch the belt up so tight to hold everything up.

Between the two holsters at pretty much the same tightness, the kydex holster for the Springfield is a whole lot more solid feeling than the leather one for the Beretta. It also holds itself tighter to my body as well and it doesn’t flop outward from my side as well.

Even though since I paid a premium price of about 100 bucks from Beretta for that holster, I’m sure there’s probably much better options out there that are a lot stiffer than that one. At one point when I was checking out leather holsters for the Springfield, I don’t think I could find any that could be custom-made since I run a laser on the Picatinny rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.04157 seconds with 8 queries