View Single Post
Old February 21, 2007, 06:42 PM   #1
Bigfatts

Pawnshop Remington 24

Hi guys, I was in a pawn shop today intending to buy an old Mossberg 152and found it had been bought, Well I came across a Remington model 24, they wanted $150 but took $125. I had to have it, it is the coolest little .22 I have ever seen, bottom eject, loads through the butt, etc. I know next to nothing about this little rifle, however, other than what I could find by doing a search on here. Can anyone tell me how to take the trigger group out or does anyone know where I can find out an approximate date of manufacture? Serial #371xx. The barell markings are:

Remington Arms Company, Inc. Successor to the
Remington Arms, U.M.C. Co, Inc. Remington Ilian WKS
Ilian, New York, U.S.A. Browning's Patent Oct 24 1916

Remington trademark

.22 Long Rifle-Lesmoke or Smokeless-Greased

It is not in too bad of shape, most of the receiver's bluing is worn away, but the barell has most of it left. The bore is good, clean, crisp rifling. The stock and forend are in excellent shape, 1 tiny little indentation on the wrist of the buttstock, 1 little scratch near the butt plate. The barell does seem to have an extrat hole though, right behind the rear sight, between it and the barell nut. The only rust anywhere is some old fingerprints that I am working on buffing out. How did I do y'all?

Page generated in 0.03465 seconds with 8 queries