View Single Post
Old July 22, 2015, 11:38 PM   #4
snuffy

You're not accounting for the brass springing back after the sizing die has done it's job. AND you're not accounting for the spring in the metal of the press.

Your method of setting the die does not account for the above mentioned spring back of the press linkage, the frame, and the brass. The shoulder and neck used to be part of the body of the '06 case. That brass is harder than the mouth of the original '06 case. AND forming that brass hardens it further.

Run that die into the press until it touches the top of the shell holder. Then put a lubed '06 case into the forming operation. With the ram all-the-way-up, look to see if you can see a gap between the bottom of the die and the top of the shell holder with the ram at the top of it's travel and the case as far in as it can go. That's where the spring of all the components will be at the max. You WILL have to turn the die in anther 1/8 to ΒΌ turn to compensate.

If those shells still will not chamber, you may have to remove some steel from either the top of the shell holder or the bottom of the die.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.03458 seconds with 8 queries