View Single Post
Old December 17, 2018, 02:36 PM   #47
Nick_C_S

I have three 1911's. My first was a Colt Series '80' with a 70's style collet bushing. I guess that's a rare combination - okay. I guess.

Quote:
Customers weren't greatly impressed with the Series 70 collet bushing
Mine broke. I was running hot ammo with a tired recoil spring. Lesson learned and have never broke one since. Fast forward 34 years and about 30,000 rounds, that Colt 1911 still runs like a champ. And tac-driver accurate.

I have since bought a Kimber and Springfield. Both are excellent guns. The Kimber in particular gets a workover. I don't pamper it.

I did my digress first. Here's my actual answer to the OP's question:

Speaking for myself:

No semi-auto - or any handgun, actually - fits better in my hand. Every one I have ever held in either hand, feels completely natural and seems like it's just asking to be put to work. My hands are small and the short Combat style trigger is a must (my Kimber immediately got that conversion). Pure shooting pleasure.

The other side is that I handload my own ammo. 45 ACP is the easiest - dare I say the funnest - semi-auto handgun cartridge to load. So there's that too.

1911's rock. Love 'em!

Page generated in 0.02886 seconds with 8 queries