View Single Post
Old February 22, 2006, 09:15 PM   #5
Rodger Peterson

918v I have been reading some of your posts on the forum and you seem to have a very good knowledge of lead bullets and firearms. Thank you trying to help me and others. I slugged my barrel again and it measures .4495. My cyclinder throats measure .450. Seems awfully close in dimension. Seems I have read in one of mags that someone sells a kit to open up the cyclinder throats, but I no longer have the article. I don't know if this required or not. I first started loading at about 750 fps and leading was almost nonexistant and accuracy was very good. Like I said my averages are now 941 and leading is not filling the rifleing after 50 rounds, but it is there about 1/2" beyond the forcing cone. Point of aim has moved about 4 inches and my grouping opened up to 6 inches at 25 yds if I do my best. That is acceptable for my requirements, but I'd like to get to 1000 fps. As for the bullets. I have read this brand has a hardness of 12. It only has 1 lube ring filled with the blue crayon type lube. It is a 250 grain RNFP. Thanks for any help.

Page generated in 0.03608 seconds with 8 queries